Tech for America (T4A.org) provides a platform for service-minded leaders to solve America’s toughest public challenges. We bridge top technology innovators with elected officials and organizational leaders to help them with their priorities.
Public-Private Sector Engagement
T4A accelerates solutions to public problems by bringing Silicon Valley innovators together with public leaders from local, state, and national levels.
Discussion Cadence & Environment
We believe that more frequent discussion – without the usual lobbying, fundraising, or partisanship – will spark inspiration and greater understanding among people who agree on goals, even when responding to different incentives and speaking different dialects.
Repeatable, Scalable Projects
We measure success by the number of repeatable, scalable, big impact projects that result from the high-level engagements that we spark.
WHAT WE DO
We bring tech, business, and private leaders together who do not connect often enough. We do it without an agenda to push or an axe to grind.
We provide a starting point for finding ideas, best practices, solutions, and people who need help or want to offer it.
We marry technological know how and business expertise with the needs of public leaders who might not have as many resources where they work.
We inspire cross-sector projects that can develop and thrive on their own in the places where the problems exist.
WHAT WE’VE DONE
Since 2013 we have convened nearly 100 TechTables with a distinguished bipartisan group of Convening Guests, including:
- Vice President Joe Biden
- Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (Nevada)
- Rear Admiral James Losey (ret. Naval Special Warfare Command)
- General Stanley McCrystal (ret. Commander of US Afghan Forces)
- Todd Park (U.S. CTO 2012-14)
- Senator Olympia Snowe (Maine)
- Senator Cory Booker (New Jersey)
- Chairman Bob Goodlatte (House Judiciary Committee)
- Senator Jeanne Shaheen (New Hampshire)
- Jerry Taylor, Niskanen Center
- Governor Kate Brown (Oregon)
- Governor Roy Cooper (North Carolina)
- Governor Gina Raimondo (Rhode Island)
- Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom (California
- Janet Napolitano (Univ. of California President)
- Grover Norquist, Americans for Tax Reform
- Senator Patty Murray (Washington)
- Senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio)
- DJ Patil (former US Chief Data Scientist)
- Mayors of Houston, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, & Miami
Examples of world-class partnerships and organizations that have emerged from TechTables include:
Education Superhighway is singularly focused on upgrading the internet infrastructure in K-12 public schools. Partnering with the FCC and 39 governors, minimum high speed connections have grown in the last two years from 30% of U.S. school districts to 77%.
Launched in 2013, Code.org is a non-profit dedicated to expanding access to computer science, and increasing participation by women and under-represented students of color. Every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science. 10.5 student accounts, 238 million Hour of Code lessons served, 20 thousand teachers trained.
WHO WE ARE